Have you gotten your flu vaccine?
It’s Not Too Late! December 6–12, 2015 is National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW), a national observance that highlights the importance of continuing influenza vaccination through the holiday season and beyond.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends an annual influenza vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older to reduce the risk of illness and hospitalization. Now is a great time to vaccinate – to protect your patients, your staff, and yourself.
Medicare Part B covers one influenza vaccination and its administration each influenza season for Medicare beneficiaries. If medically necessary, Medicare may cover additional seasonal influenza vaccinations.
Click links for more Information:
- Medicare Preventive Services Educational Tool
- Influenza Vaccine Payment Allowances MLN Matters® Article
- Influenza Resources for Health Care Professionals MLN Matters Article
- CDC: Influenza and NIVW websites
- Use HealthMap Vaccine Finder to help your patients locate the influenza vaccine in their community
Contact us to discuss how our insight, expertise and knowledge can assist your organization implement a solid infection control and outbreak prevention program.