Pathway Health to Support the Montana Hospital Association’s LTC Nurse Leadership Development Series
Pathway Health and the Montana Hospital Association will be hosting the virtual 2021 Long Term Care Nurse Leadership Development Series on April 19-29. Registration closes on April 9.
Pathway Health’s Colleen Toebe, RN-MSN CWCN RAC-MT, will be leading the workshops, where attendees will learn about the key nursing operational components of the DON position.
- Describe the organizational planning necessary for a DON.
- Outline the DON’s role in budget management in relation to resident acuity and staff management.
- Describe the essential steps in the safety management of resident care.
- Identify key systems (Falls, Wounds, Infection Control, Pain, etc.) and how to ensure evidence-based policies and procedures, as well as consistent implementation, are instituted.
- Describe the necessary key human resource “need to knows” for the DON.
- Describe the importance of relationships: Residents, Families, Administrator, IDT, Nursing Management Team, Staff, Medical Director, Pharmacy Consultant, Hospital Discharge Planners, and Surveyors.
- Describe the DON’s role in medication management in the facility.
- Review the necessary staff education components.
- Review the DON’s role in oversight of the facility nursing documentation system and follow through.
- Describe the DON’s role in the preparation and management of the survey process.
- Identify the DON’s role in Quality Assurance and QAPI in the facility.
This training offers 40 CE Hours available upon completion of the course. Sessions are only available for live attendance via Zoom – no recordings will be made available for any of the individual sessions.
Attendance is complementary for SNFs.