Pathway Health has developed a full set of complimentary COVID-19 and Infection Prevention and Control resources, including policies and procedures, audit tools, and more!
Note: These resources were developed utilizing CDC and CMS guidance. Providers are reminded to review state and local specific information for any variance to national guidance.
Complimentary COVID-19 Resources and Tools
- Confirmed COVID-19 Resident Protocol Checklist: This is a checklist of steps that need to be completed by the organization related to a confirmed COVID-19 resident.
- Optimizing PPE Eye Protection Face Shields: Provides interim policy and procedure guidance as it relates to the new guidance for optimizing PPEs, specific to Eye Protection Face Shields.
- Optimizing PPE Gowns Interim Guidance Policy: Provides interim policy and procedure guidance as it relates to the new guidance for optimizing PPEs, specific to Gowns.
- Daily Wellness/Safety Checks (Assisted Living): Provides an interim policy related to completing daily wellness checks on Assisted Living residents. Remember to verify with your State for specific requirements.
- MDS and ICD-10 Resource QuickTip: Provides guidance to leaders and MDS Coordinators on specific ICD-10 coding needs and MDS reminders during the COVID0-19 pandemic.
- Cleaning and Disinfection Audit: This complimentary resource provides an interim cleaning and disinfection audit for COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Don and Doffing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for COVID-19: Provides interim guidance on Don and Doffing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for COVID-19.
- Emergency Staffing Guide Tool: This tool is designed to assist leaders as they finalize their emergency staffing plan during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Guide for Emergency Staffing Plan provides leaders with an overview of staffing needs, a staffing surge capacity preparation guide/worksheet which accounts for acuity needs during a crisis, as well as a draft Emergency Staffing Policy and Procedure.
- Hand Hygiene Audit: Provides an interim hand hygiene audit for COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Infection Preventionist Surveillance Audit: Provides an interim Infection Preventionist Surveillance audit for COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Interim Guidance Death of Resident and DC to Funeral Home: Provides interim policy and procedure guidance as it relates to the new guidance for when a resident dies.
- Interim Policy for Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus: Provides leaders an Interim Policy for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (including resident, staff, visitor, communication needs and more) and a resource list to assist post-acute care leaders in COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Leadership Strategies for Preparation and Response: Provides interim guidance on leadership strategies for COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Leadership T.H.I.N.K Ahead Strategy Guide for Potential COVID-19 Admissions: Provides post-acute care leaders with a guide/checklist as they prepare for potential COVID-19 admissions into their organization.
- N95 Respirator Interim Policy: Provides interim guidance on N95 Respirators, an Interim COVID-19 Policy.
- Non-Certified Caregiver – Basic Nursing Skills Competency Checklist: Provides an interim competency checklist for the non-certified caregiver per the 1135 Waiver guidance. Remember to verify that your state has approved the use of non-certified caregivers in long term care settings for your state.
- Optimizing PPE Face Masks: Provides interim policy and procedure guidance as it relates to the new guidance for optimizing PPEs, specific to face masks.
- PPE Audit: Provides an interim PPE audit for COVID-19 preparation and response.
- Screening Tools for Residents, Staff and Visitors: Provides interim Screening tools that align with the updated COVID-19 signs and symptoms from CDC.
- Medicare Coding Guide: During the 1135 waiver, a resident’s primary diagnosis for a new Medicare stay will not only come from a prior hospital stay. At the beginning of the Medicare stay the primary diagnosis needs to be identified, documented and coded on the MDS and claim. The Diagnosis Guide defines the steps for an SNF to follow to identify and manage a resident’s medical diagnoses related to a new Medicare skilled stay.
- Nasopharyngeal Oropharyngeal Swab: Provides guidance as it relates to the new Nasopharyngeal Oropharyngeal Swab Collection.
Complimentary Infection Prevention and Control Resources
- Infection Control Leadership QuickTip: The Infection Control Leadership QuickTip provides leaders with an overview of Infection Prevention and Control program requirements as well as a checklist for system review, aligning with regulatory requirements.