Minimum Data Set (MDS) professionals play an integral role in completing assessments and monitoring the entire interdisciplinary process to meet state and federal requirements.
THE MDS COORDINATOR CHALLENGE
There are not enough trained MDS Coordinators to meet the growing demand across the U.S. There is currently a national shortage of MDS Coordinators, and this shortage is only going to escalate in the next five years.
THE PATHWAY HEALTH MDS SOLUTION
Pathway Health’s “Grow Your Own” MDS Coordinator Program provides intensive MDS Coordinator training, providing the knowledge and skills necessary for ongoing success of your organization within the long-term care industry.
START PLANTING THE SEEDS OF MDS SUCCESS
Are you cultivating MDS professionals with the insight, expertise and knowledge they need to meet the growing reimbursement and regulatory challenges? The team at Pathway Health is ready to assist
- Intensive Classroom Training
- Virtual Classroom Training – Coming Soon!
- Customized Training at Your Location
MDS Intensive Professional Program
This intensive 5-Day Classroom Course provides the nurse professional with the information necessary to understand the LTC environment, Medicare and Medicaid regulations, RAI process, A-Z coding, Care Area Assessment Summaries and Care Plans, scheduling, Medicare and Case Mix, Quality Measures, CMS Form completion, and much more!
Select Program Objectives:
- Understand key components to LTC environment
- Identify regulations each facility is responsible to meet compliance requirements
- Understanding the history, function and purpose of the MDS
- Understand how MDS relates to OBRA, F-tags and PPS
- Know the importance of PPS/Medicare timing and scheduling
- Be able to complete of Care Area Assessment Summary (CAAS)
- Understand Coding and RUG IV classification system for Medicare billing
- Be fluent in CMS form completion
- MDS documentation submitted and the Quality Measures and how to utilize this information for Quality Assurance
- Attendees will have a thorough understanding the MDS Coordinator roles and responsibilities
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE: Keep your organization thriving. Start planting the seeds for your success today by contacting us.